The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s upcoming trip to Australia could be in doubt as the coronavirus continues to sweep across the world.
Prince William and Kate Middleton were reportedly in talks with the federal government earlier this year, hoping to organise a tour of bushfire-ravaged towns across Australia.
But the royal family now appears to be reconsidering all travel plans as the global number of COVID-19 cases continues to rise.
On Friday, Buckingham Palace said the Queen would no longer be visiting Cheshire and Camden in England next week.
“As a sensible precaution and for practical reasons in the current circumstances, changes are being made to the Queen’s diary commitments in the coming weeks,” a statement said.
“In consultation with the medical household and government, Her Majesty’s forthcoming visits to Cheshire and Camden will be rescheduled.
“Audiences will continue as usual. Other events will be reviewed on an ongoing basis in line with the appropriate advice,” it added.
Prince Charles and Camilla have also postponed their upcoming trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan.
“Owing to the unfolding situation with the coronavirus pandemic, the British government has asked their Royal Highnesses to postpone their spring tour,” Clarence House said.
Kensington Palace has been contacted for comment.